AGM June 2016
Last month we held our AGM. Our Chief Operating Officer, Brian Yorke provided an overview of 2015/16 accounts and an operations update for Primary Care Cheshire, highlighting the work carried out over the last 12 months including;
• Successful Prime Minister’s Challenge Fund bid with CCG
• Care home winter pressures support
• DVT Service
• Acute Visiting Service
• East Cheshire Sexual Health Contract
East Cheshire Health Checks Contract
• Westminster Surgery APMS contract with CWP
• Training Support - £30k investment from HENW
• Over 20 management and administration courses provided - 400 attendees to date– saving practices money
• Launch of Intradoc 247
• Data sharing agreement and EMIS licence set up
Dr Catherine Wall then went on to discuss the future direction of PCC. Dr Wall talked about the drivers for change in general practice and referred to the NHS England GP Forward View document, and gave examples of the changes being made across the country to ensure the survival of GP practices.
Dr Wall stressed the importance of planning for survival and working together to ensure strength in numbers; such as identifying opportunities and being able to bid together. She asked members to think differently for the future and empower staff to make a change.
Dr Tahir Awan asked members to consider what future services and work streams they would like PCC to investigate. Each table shared suggestions and members agreed three categories, must do, should do and could do. This was very engaging and some great ideas came out of it.
Members voted Dr Shana Tam onto the board as a GP board member and Dr Jonathan Gregson into the role of Finance Officer.
The meeting was concluded with a reflection on how positive 2015/16 had been for PCC and how we hope to carry this on going forward with support from our members.